Friday, August 19, 2011

Swiss Days!!!

I got a really unexpected phone call last night.  It was Doug, letting my know that he had a spot for me at Swiss Days.  If you have never been, Swiss Days is a huge festival up in Midway that takes place every Labor Day weekend.  Huge throngs of people show up and eat Bavarian food while shopping for handcrafted items.  Crafters come from all over the west to sell their goods at this show.  The competition to get in is pretty steep.  Amy and I applied in the spring, but we were placed on the alternate list.  We figured we would never hear from them again, so we moved on to plan B for our show schedule and booked other shows.  Some of our plans fell through when we didn't get our application in on time for Peach Days and it sold out.  We have spent the past couple of days trying to piece together a Plan C.  Then, the phone rang. 

I just about passed out when I got that phone call last night.  I called Amy and asked what she wanted to do.  We crunched the numbers and ran scenarios through our mind to decide if we could be ready for a show of that gigantic magnitude in just two weeks.  We decided that fate had stepped in and we would skip some of the smaller fall shows so that we could do Swiss Days and still be ready for the Family Christmas Showcase in November.  

This means that I will need to crochet until my fingers fall off for the next couple of weeks, but I am really excited to be doing some of these bigger shows this fall!  I swear everything in my life happens for a reason.  Be sure to check out my revised show schedule on the sidebar of my blog so that you will know where to find me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment