Sunday, September 6, 2009

Ted the Turtle and Baby Sweater

This is Ted. Ted is a turtle. He has a soft, squishy shell where he never, ever hides. Ted loves babies and he rattles when he shakes. Ted can't run very fast because he has stubby little legs. He has a cute tail that hangs out of the back of his shell.
Ted can be found in my Etsy shop.
On another note, this is a baby sweater that I finished today. I made a similar one last winter for Nadia, but things always turn out much better the second time I make them. This sweater is no exception.

I love this pattern because it creates a really nice texture on the top and an interesting design on the bottom. It is kind of a pain to make because it requires lots of counting, but the final product is worth it.
This one is made to fit a really small baby, but I think I will make a bigger one for Nadia to wear on the cool fall days that will be coming soon. I think it will be really cute with one of Amy's pillowcase dresses and matching bloomers.
I don't think I will be offering this one in my Etsy shop because you really need to see it in person to really appreciate the beauty of it. I brought it with me to the craft store to buy the buttons and all of the ladies who work at the store were gushing over it.
This sweater will be available in my booth at the Mutton Hollow Country Barn Boutique next week. Stop by and check me out!



No comments:

Post a Comment