Friday, September 25, 2009

Scarfs

These are my latest babies.
I used to HATE making scarfs. I would hate to crochet 5, then flip, then crochet 5, then flip. It was so boring and repetitive. But, as I have been sitting at outdoor farmer's markets and freezing my cute little buns off since the weather has cooled down, I have been inspired to make something to keep myself warm. It started with this fabulous (and horrifically expensive) alpaca yarn that I bought at a specialty yarn store in Carmel, California. I only bought one skein (as I said, it was horrifically expensive) and it was too chunky to make a comfy hat out of, so I decided to branch out and make a scarf. I started it and then unraveled it about 10 times until I finally figured out a pattern that I liked. Then I added some fabulous buttons for decoration and VOILA! This is what I had:
I actually had fun making it once I figured out that I need to crochet lengthwise instead of across, and it really played into my love of chunky, colorful yarns and unique buttons. So, being who I am, I couldn't just stop at one. I immediately ran to the craft store and bought tons of fun yarns and buttons to make more.
They are the perfect extra layer for days that are just a little cool and add a little extra flair to jeans and a tee shirt.
I will be selling them at my next few shows. (I am keeping my fabulous alpaca one, of course!) If they do well there, I think I will list them in my Etsy shop, too. YAY, scarfs!

No comments:

Post a Comment