Sunday, May 17, 2009

May Day Festival and My Latest Work

Yesterday was the May Day Festival at Wheeler Farm. It was my first outdoor festival and it was tons of fun. I always love seeing people's reactions to my stuff. It really feeds my ego when their eyes light up and they drag other people over to show them my stuff.This is my table in my booth. I was really proud of my display this time. I found some really great display pieces at antique shops and thrift stores. I was going for the look of an old fashioned bakery.
These shelves were wooden crates that I found at a thrift store for $1 each. I thought they would be perfect for displaying my toys, so I threw a coat of paint on them and decoupaged patterned paper on the shelves. TAA-DAA!

This is a quilt rack that I found at a thrift store. I just strung ribbon across it and hung hats with cute clothespins that I decoupaged with patterned papers. It worked out really well!


My tea cups and cupcakes were the hit of the show. I love this tea cup holder. I wish this picture showed the frou-frou top. I found it in an antique shop. When I brought it home, Raymond asked me how much I spent on it with great trepidation. He was very relieved when I told him that I bought it for my booth at craft fairs. He thought that I bought it to display tea cups in our house. I think he was afraid that I was going to make our house look like that of a 90 year old woman.

This is me. Amy made this awesome eyelet apron for me. Isn't it cute? She is so amazing!


Moving on to another topic, these little ladybugs are my latest original creations. Raymond and Katie were both very concerned about the lack of a face, but I think that is part of the charm. They are rattles. I love the look on babies faces when they see that they rattle.

These little guys are just a variation of the octopus that I sell in my Etsy shop. They are such popular baby gifts that I thought that I would try variations that would go well with gift baskets. I think they are cute.

2 comments:

  1. Those pics of your table turned out great! Your display pieces are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your displays are excellent and show your work well. I hope you sold plenty. I would suggest that maybe the boy octopus needs a little baseball hat and the girl, a pink ribbon or something just to finish them off and add to that extra cuteness factor. I am Amy's aunt, and I just had to see what you were up to after talking to her. Adorable and creative! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete