Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Leo the Lion and My First Craft Fair!

I had my very first booth this weekend at the Earth Fair at the Salt Lake Center for Spiritual Living. The date kind of snuck up on me and I found myself very unprepared two days before the event. I rushed to get ready and just threw out what I had made. The turnout wasn't so great because of the rain, but it was a good dry run to prepare me for the big farmer's markets this summer.



This is Leo the Lion! I made him last night for a lady who said she is interested in a lion rattle for her baby. He is my prototype, so I will need to make adjustments before selling him in my shop, but I think he turned out cute. Katie is in love with him!


Patrick had some fun fur that I "borrowed" from him to make the mane. I like how it turned out so much that I think I will keep the rest of the skein for more lions. Sorry Patrick. IOU. The fun fur wouldn't have been as cute on a hat anyway.

My favorite part of Leo is his braided tail with the little poof of fur on the end. Let me know what you think of him!

2 comments: