Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mmmm...mmmm...good!

One of my favorite lunches is a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of tomato soup. The soup is really more of a dipping sauce for the sandwich. There is something about the crispy, buttery bread with the gooey cheese dipped into the creamy, savory soup. All of the kids love it, too. Even the babies like it if I cut the sandwich into tiny pieces and dip it in soup for them. I was recently at a craft show and I saw a lady who was selling cans of soup. Her workmanship left a lot to be desired and she used a styrofoam cylinder to hold the shape. I could tell, because you could see it through the spaces in the stitching. It inspired me to do better. This is what I came up with.

I could never let my babies play with a toy with a styrofoam core because they would bite pieces off with their four little teeth. I use tight stitches and a structured yarn so that mine will hold it's shape in it's own. I have even thrown my toys in the washing machine to see if they would lose their shape. They came out clean and looking perfect.

I was thinking the soup would be fun in other flavors, too. How cute would it be to give a can of chicken soup to a sick friend in the hospital on diet restrictions? Or a can of mushroom soup to my mother who made a different casserole with a mushroom soup base for dinner five nights a week when I was growing up? It would even be a cute and unexpected rattle for a baby shower! Now it's your turn to tell me about your favorite soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment